Wednesday, August 1, 2007

When You Are Mad or Hurt.......

what is your first reaction?

I am such a people watcher. I could sit at the mall for hours watching people interact. Even in restaurants I will take a peek around to see everyone. The best I've ever seen was at the local Cracker Barrel(go figure). There was a family of about 10 sitting together, looked like they were on vacation. All the sudden a younger man stood up and starting yelling at the family. He looked at his girlfriend and yelled, "You always take their side!" and some other few choice words. Well, the whole restaurant fell silent. So he looked at all of us and yelled, " What are you all looking at?" and stormed out of the restaurant.

I thought it was kind of funny. Jeff didn't, he hates Cracker Barrel. I won't tell you what he calls it.

This past week, I've seen, heard and even experienced hurt or anger. Last week I really had my feelings hurt, I was embarrassed too. All these evil and ungodly thoughts started entering my head. I was thinking over all the different scenarios in my head to get back at the hurt I was feeling. The person who was mad at me decided not to talk to me for a whole day. I even made the first move and apologized, but it took a day for this person to come around. I think we all just handle our anger different.

I really could have let the situation explode and made a mountain out of a mole hill. Like I've done so many times in the past. Right now there is a situation in my family that anger has got the best of. Pride is a major factor. The sad thing is this mole hill could leave a family broken.

So today I plan to search my bible for issues on anger. I know the right thing to do, I just need a refresher course. I want to act the right way when someone does me wrong or I've wronged somebody. I think it is best to get it solved right away. Time only makes it worse! Above all ask God to give you the right words to say, before your mole hill becomes a mountain.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks, Leigh! I needed to read that today. I know that there are some mole hills I need to take care of in my life...actually some of them have already become mountains...pray for me. Love ya!

My Own Bandwagon said...

I will!!!