Friday, August 10, 2007

I wish I could......

hook my brain to my computer in the middle of the night. That is when I do the best blogging. Andrea, I made it through chapter 4. This book is amazing. (Blue Like Jazz).

I feel like Christ clicked with me back in June. I've had a personal relationship with Him since I was 15. But I put to many restrictions on it. Almost like being in a country club and you had to be careful how you acted or who you let in.

Every church I have attended has more than likely been filled with 90% Christians. The rest unsaved. I feel God has called me to me a part of a church that desires it to be just the opposite. This is my mission.

There is nothing wrong with other churches. I feel God gives us each a place to serve. I think there are many great churches in Orlando. All serving and meeting the needs for different people. My thought is.....if Jesus was invited to two churches on Sunday. He would want to be at the one with the nonbelievers.

OK, I got of track. I want to write more about the book I am reading. I can so relate. I remember being in church and wanting to rebel. If I was told not to drink, I wanted to drink. If I was told not to smoke, I wanted to try a cigarette. If I was told not to have sex, I wanted to try it. All in secret of course!

My sin nature makes me desire these things at times, but my spirit convicts me. Thank goodness!

In the book the author talks about going to one of the most secular colleges in America for a class. He is warned by his church of the evils of this college. This makes him sign up the next day.

He immediately makes friends with a atheist girl( who's father is a preacher). He never preaches at her, but develops a friendship with her. Through this friendship, he is able to share Christ with her. Long story short, this girl eventually accepts Christ has her savior.

I think about what might of happened if he has stayed away from this college. All because there were sinners there. He took a step out of his comfort zone.

I am so thankful that I stepped out of my comfort zone and stayed at C3. I am in my mission field. I am content, I am at peace, I have found joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salad or chocolate and cigarette type of book? I don't even smoke but I love how his friend says that about reading her bible,