Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Changing Church

What if churches never changed? We kept the buildings the same, the pews the same, sang the same hymnals, heard the same message at least once a year?

I would hate going. I would go out of guilt. I would let my mind wonder and more than likely never feel the Holy Spirit alive in me.

The world is always changing. Just look how far technology has come. I would have never thought I would have to give power point presentations when I taught. To 8 year olds! My wardrobe changes, my hair changes, and sadly my body too! You can't stop change. You can avoid it, but you can't stop it.

I think about when I am going to be a senior citizen. Will I hate my grand kids music and their style of music? I wonder what they will think of the music I currently listen to? I do hope I embrace change in the future when I am old and set in my ways.

I do plan on doing a lot of annoying things I am going to do when I am old. I will drive slow in the fast lane. I will wear a moo-moo with my Grannie panties. I will pass gas and dare anyone to say anything!

I am thankful for the changes that have happened at C3 and that will continue to happen. I am no longer afraid, but excited. I look forward to the future of my church. God is in control. I see Him at work in so many different outlets that I would have never dreamed. God has opened the door in so many secular places for people to have an opportunity to know Him. I want God to plug me in where he wants me. I want to show love and compassion the way Christ taught us and showed us.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You crack me up! I hope we're still hanging out when we're senior citizens so we can remind each other what it was like to be 30 and think change was great! I'm getting you a moo-moo for your 70th birthday! I love you!

My Own Bandwagon said...

I would wear a moo-moo know, if I didn't think Jeff would throw up!

We should get matching one!