Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Grace

I have forgotten God's grace. I am still into my book and there is a chapter on Grace. The author tries to make a pact with some friends that for a whole year the will not watch TV, smoke pipes, read their Bibles everyday, and I think fast on Mondays.

I don't think the pact lasted very long. Sometimes I get caught up in thinking about the extremes in my life I could change. Take the TVs out. Get ride of the Internet(oh my!). Home school my kids. Never let there be any opportunity that would effect my spiritual life.

The author made a point by saying how hard it is to accept God's free gift of eternal life and not feel like we have to give something back in return. He goes on to say we just have to love God. Through loving God, we seek out the things that are holy and God honoring.

Are we going to make mistakes as Christians? Sure. Does this mean I am going to sin intentionally, because I know God will forgive me? No. But it does make me realize that I need to love God more. I need to build my relationship stronger by learning to truly love Him!

No comments: