Monday, August 20, 2007

Sunday is My Funday

I meant to blog last night, but never got to it! The message brought on a lot of reflection for me.

Unfortunately, I can be a negative person. Trust me, I got it honest. I can complain and be a whiner. So when all the changes started happening at church, I found myself attracted to many negative conversations. I was upset for a number of stupid reasons. I was a tumor that could have easily turned into cancer.

I left church for a few months. I was to emotional. I couldn't focus or enjoy church without critiquing everything. I questioned everything. I thought my friends were part of a cult. (not really, I just like the word cult).

It took a few weeks of alone time to get my act together and realize all my reasons were stupid and self serving. My friends were a part of something amazing. A church that was not about me and my needs. A church who has a desire to make church for people who are unchurched.

My attitude has changed. I look forward to church and experience true worship. I don't criticize. I question nothing. I feel privileged to be a part of C3. It feels so good not to be negative. God has placed me where I need to serve.


No comments: