Saturday, June 30, 2007

Jesus Loves Me?

Today I got to sleep until 10:00. Jeff was in a good mood. He got an iphone yesterday. Although he as been on the phone since he got up, trying to activate it! And never mind that the kids had cookies for breakfast and there was instant mashed potatoes all over the floor. I got to sleep in!

I almost done with Numbers. It amazes me how the Israelites saw so many acts of God and yet some continued to sin. I used to think to myself, "If I physically saw Jesus or could talk to God face to face, it would be easier not to sin." Maybe that is why I can sometimes "rationalize" sinning. He is not really here. Like I get to choose when I want him in my life. Thank goodness He never leaves my side.

That is why I love the phrase, "What Would Jesus Do?" Whenever I am watching something questionable, I'll ask myself that question. Or I try to picture Jesus right next to me. Would He sit through this movie or recommend it to a friend? When in all reality, He was a lot more productive with His time than me! Not saying movies or T.V. are bad. I am just trying to make a point that I know better , but do it anyways.

Why are born with this programming? Regret is a sad place to be. I know God will forgive me, but I still have to pay for the consequences.

That's what I love about God. He loves the sinner, not the sin. No one sin is marked higher than another. If I gossip and say hurtful things, I am no better then a murderer. God never writes us off or leaves us hanging. We may try to hide from Him, but He is always there.

There are so many thought floating around in my head and I could ramble on. I am just so amazed how stupid we are and yet......Christ loves us. He is hurt by more people in one minute that we can be hurt in a lifetime. But He still want to be a part of our life and wants a relationship with us! O.K. I am starting to get a little teary eyed. Thank you Jesus for loving me, in spite of my many imperfections!

No comments: