Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just in time!

A month ago my oreck started smelling like smoke. So, I took it apart and cleaned it the best I could. It ran after that and no smoke. But, it really vibrated when ever I used it. It sounded like it was sick! It cleaned my bare floors fine, but the carpet never did seem clean. Needless to say, for the past three weeks I've been reading up on the Dyson. I just hated the thought that it cost more than my first car.
I finally found a deal on Linens and Things. So I ordered it and picked it up today. It was fairly simple to assemble. I couldn't wait to use it. Well let me tell you, it was amazing. I cleaned a 4 x 4 area and had to dump it right away. I did this three times just in my family room. In fact, I am considering doing that room again. There is something to be said about watching dirt fill a container. O.K my life is a little dull!
I figured I would keep my oreck for the bare floors. I ran it in the living room on the wood floor, just a bit ago. It started to smoke again. I think I made the right decision to get the Dyson. The oreck had a good run. Almost nine years. He will be missed.

2 comments:

Angie Bledsoe said...

I'm feelin' ya on this one. A few weeks ago Byron ordered me the little robot vacuum that sweeps and mops your floors for you. I heard angels the first time I watched it work. I told Byron that I've never felt so in love - seriously, I felt such a flutter... . We would spend evenings just watching it clean. So, I don't judge..."erase the hate" is what I say. btw - Don't go to CA - I heard it's gonna fall off into the ocean or something like that (I think it's a proven fact!). Just kidding...sort of. Peace.

Darrell said...

I love clean floors. They make me so happy! Feel the joy. You were the one who suggested the wet/dry hard surface floor vac for me and I love it. I'll strongly consider your Dyson review as well when it is time for a new vacuum for my carpets!
Andrea