Thursday, June 14, 2007

My First Blog Jitters

I was up most of the night with a thousand thoughts running through my head. I just spilled my guts over the Internet. I had such a high when I was done writing it. It felt good to release all the things running around in my head. On the other hand, I still have that dreaded thought...What will people think? I guess when it comes down to it, really only one opinion matters. The One I have to answer to when I get to the pearly gates!
I am slowly learning that I need to seek His approval first. I also am learning to try and be slow when reacting. Which is hard to do! Just ask my husband. It also helps to be a little medicated! But I'll save that for another post.
For the past week, I've been reading Leviticus. Imagine if we lived in their time. I would have already been stoned. (Thank You Jesus, for changing that!) So many rules and ceremonies. The one thing that really struck me, was their sense of community. God wanted their fellowship with Him and with each other.
I think about churches long ago that ate together after the service. Kinda like on Little House on the Prairie. Could you imagine ? I would love it, but my husband would hate it. I love to chat and hang out after church. He's already got the kids in the car before I make it out of the sanctuary. Point being....I love fellowshipping! I just want someone else to do the work-Ha!
I am always full of good ideas, I just don't want to execute them or be in charge. I am definitely a follower. Mostly because of my fear of rejection. But I am going to get over that!

1 comment:

Angie Bledsoe said...

Hey - your honesty challenges me. I already knew that you're hilarious, but who knew you're so introspective, too. You're like the total blogging package. Keep it up. Peace.