Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sabbath....Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc......

I really enjoyed Barry's message Sunday. A few weeks ago I watched another sermon on t.v. by another pastor on the same subject. A much more legalistic approach. He went so far as to say you shouldn't even go to dinner on the Sabbath. So what's he going to eat. Because if he were my husband, he'd be very hungry.

There is a part of me that wish stores and restaurants were closed on Sunday. Only for the simple fact, I think it would make us stay home with our families and rest. But being realistic, this is not going to happen. So the fact is, it is up to us to pick our Sabbath Day. Traditionally church has always been held on Sunday. But in Old Testament, it was held on Saturday. Saturday was considered the last day of the week. The day believed the God rested after he finished creating the world.

I really think God is more interested in us having a Sabbath, more than he is on what day of the week it is. That is why I think it is great that some churches run services on different days of the week. My mom goes on Saturday night and loves it. In fact, it is a packed house on Saturday nights.

No comments: