Wednesday, July 18, 2007

When It Rains, It Pours!

I can't believe it has taken me this long to start back blogging. I don't have the patience to blog on my phone. My head starts spinning if I am on it to long, looking at the little screen. I am actually in Melbourne. When I got back from Texas, I noticed that the a/c wasn't working. This was on Mon., they won't be out until late tomorrow. It was a least 90 in the house when I left.

Texas was awesome. I spent three hours shopping at a mall, without children. It was relaxing. I also went inside the Dallas Cowboy Stadium. It was really neat to see everyone out on the field running around. We took a lot of pics in the center of the star in the middle of the field. I'll post some later when ever I get home! Andrea and I actually ran the whole field. That's the most I've run in 4 months!

That night was great too! It was so neat to hear every one's amazing stories from Beaumont, TX. This group of youth that went were awesome. It seemed like everyone bonded. I wish I had made it out for that part of the trip. Though I won't lie, I got the relaxing end of the deal!

Sat. we went to Six Flags. I think I thought I was 16 again. My mind could ride the rides, but not my body. The Texas Giant(wooden roller coaster) tore me up! I knew the minute it started, my back would pay the price. I can't remember the next ride, but we all blacked out at one point! Can't be good! That place was crazy. The youth had a ball!

Sunday was my favorite day. We went to Fellowship. It has some of the most amazing facilities. I got goose bumps entering! The stage was really cool! They had light bulbs hanging from wires in free air. The service had a collection of short videos from Ed Young's visit to Australia to Hillsong. (OK.....mission trip to Australia.)

I want to go back again sometime. There is such an energy! It gets me pumped for C3! During the service I could see how some people would be critical. My grandmother would run out the door. The loud music and guitar would be enough for her!

It got me thinking about how church has evolved over the years. I remember when reading music from an overhead instead of a hymnal was a big deal. Even more so, a pastor in a polo shirt. I can't tell you how thankful I am that panty hose are a thing of the past and flip flops are trendy! I should have been born in the late 90's!

The one thing that surprised me about Fellowship was the wide range of people. You had older people. Fancy looking people. People who looked like they had just come from the beach. People in jeans, short, flip flops, etc. It was great. Everyone there to worship the same God!

It's amazing how in the past few months, how much I've grown and changed. I know I was saved, but I was dead inside. I had forgotten what true joy in Christ is. Once I let go of all the things I thought I had to do to impress others, I found true peace. I went to church for all the wrong reasons. I never wanted to be involved because I was afraid I was never good enough or smart enough. Again, nothing that anyone had ever done to me. I think I was afraid that I was not good enough to lead some one to Christ. A lie from Satan!

While in Texas I was given an opportunity to share Christ with a young girl. I knew what she was going through. She felt like she had never truly been saved. I think she was looking for this magical feeling or transformation that happened immediately and never left. Like you would always have that feeling of a spiritual high after you pray the prayer! I think it is especially hard to be a Christian in a family who really doesn't understand what it means to be saved. It is also confusing. You want the approval of your parents, but they might not get it. This girl did not want to pray , she said she didn't like people praying with her. It made her uncomfortable. I shared with her how she could know she was saved and know for sure it was for eternity. I don't know if she made a decision or prayed by herself, but I will continue to pray for her on a daily basis.

I think sharing my faith is the hardest thing for me to do, because I don't have a lot of experience and I am always afraid I am going to mess someone up for life. I am not always good with words or expressing myself. I get nervous and make mistakes. I just don't want my shortcomings to hinder me from leading someone to Christ.

I hope in the future I have more experiences like this. I know I look for them more on a daily basis then I did before. I am definitely a little bit more confident. I guess the thought of some one spending eternity in Hell scares me.

OK....that's all for now!

No comments: