Thursday, July 19, 2007

It is still raining!

The good news is the a/c is going to be half the price because we found a friend of Jeff's dad who is going to do it. The bad news is it has taken so long. I am still in Melbourne.

When I got back from Texas the vet bill on Brewer was over $200.00 and I just saw a worm in his poop. Can only imagine how much that is going to cost! This dog has already cost me way too much! I won't post the amount, let's just say I could have taken a very nice vacation. Lesson learned, don't get a dog.

I think I am going to have to find a part time job!

Last night I started thinking about salvation. In the past I used to think, invite them to church....the pastor will preach a convicting message and they will go forward. While I do think this will work for some, I know for a vast majority that it will not. I think there are also some who will go forward and then never step foot back in church. Why is this? I can think of many different answers and reasons. I try to think of the excuses I use and my friends and family use.

There is also a whole other group of people. The ones who practically live at church. I know this is not true of all, but I have to say.....I never hear stories of these people bringing any one to Christ. So what went wrong? When did we get so comfortable? I was so caught up in church, I forgot what God has called me to do. I left the job up to people I thought were more experienced and qualified!

Imagine if it was written on our tombstone how many people we lead to Christ or at your funeral a slide show of the pictures of these people were shown. Being a Christian since 15, I should be ashamed. The good news is today is a fresh start. Instead of being known for all the great accomplishment I've done(which isn't much!). I want to be known for the love I showed others in Christ. I hope all this is making sense. I tend to go off in my own little world that only I understand!

I have to tell you, I wake up everyday....knowing God has something special planned for me. I just keep praying I don't miss out!

No comments: