Saturday, July 7, 2007

7-7-07

Thought the date looked cool!

The last two days have been hard for me to find time to blog. Our internet connection was down yesterday morning. Which was my only free time to write.

I have started Deuteronomy. Moses is giving his final words to the Israelites before they enter the promised land. He challenged them to not make the same mistakes as their parents. He retells the history of past mistakes and lack of faith. God had not forgotten what He had promised!

What amazes me is Moses attitude. I would have found it hard to encourage people and talk about the wonderful blessings that await them, knowing I would never enter Canaan. I think I would have been bitter.

I think I've been "programmed" to only do things if there is going to be immediate satisfaction or a prize at the end of the race. For example, in the work place.....people are more apt to work harder if there is a bonus in it. Companies are always looking for ways to motivate their employees.

What would happen if we didn't see the results in our life time? Would we give up and say forget it? We would like to think we wouldn't.

Moses is my hero! He never expected God to reward him for his great leadership, he was a very humble man. I wish I had 10% of the qualities that he had! I am a work in progress.

No comments: