Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Rule Follower

I was in bed last night thinking about who's right and who's wrong. I mean this it a generalization type way. (don't think that is a sentence, but oh-well). Who's rules are the right ones and who's are the wrong ones. For example, if the rule at work/church/wherever was the a/c had to be set at 72, I would be all for that rule. But.....if it was anything above 75, I would have a problem. I would not like that rule. I would complain and be angry. Hot air makes me angry anyways! And if the a/c was not lowered, I would leave. Knowing there is no hope for it to ever be set the way I want it to. Same thing would go if I had to wear panty hose or high heels! In life, we always argue the rules we don't like. Remember being a teenager!

I am a rule follower(most of the time). I don't like to be in charge, except at home=). I can't handle the pressure of failing or someone being mad at me. I could never fire someone or reprimand an employee. I know this is why God gave us all special talents and abilities.

So what do we do, when we don't like the rules. Do we "Go Gabriel" in the words of Ed Young. In many instances, I have seen when not submitting to God's authority or the authority of the people God has placed in our lives, has lead to misery and unrest.

No comments: