Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The message on Sunday got me thinking about what it's like to feel like an inferior Christian. I don't now, but I used too. I imagine there are more people out there like me too. (using the word like a lot)

I've always hated praying out loud in front of other people. I was intimidated by how eloquent other people could pray. If I was asked to pray, I felt like I was in the spotlight and I had to do a good "show". Plus you think people will judge just how good of a Christian you are by your prayer.

I thought if didn't have on the right "Sunday Clothes", bring my bible( make sure it looks like it's been used and worn from all the reading), know all the songs.......they would revoke my membership. Now, no one every told me you had to do all these things.......I just felt I would be judged if I didn't.

That's what I love about C3 and this blogging thing! I am not at a church where I feel like everyone has their Sunday Mask on. I know the staff's hearts. I don't feel like they are part this club that I could never met their standards. I don't have to pretend I am something I am not.

I can't tell you the weight that has been lifted of my chest since I spilled out my guts. I can't hide behind my Sunday Mask. I am not going to put on a show, so people think I am a "good" Christian. I have learned more about myself in the past month, then in a life time. I know there is still more of me to find too!

God's not done with me...I am a work in progress!

No comments: