Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Home Teams

When the idea of home teams was first introduced at my church, I let a lot of negative thoughts enter my head. Maybe because I knew I wouldn't be able to hide in the background of Sunday School anymore. I would have to participate and act like I was knowledgeable. I had a lot of really stupid ideas of why I thought this was a bad idea.

Of coarse I now think differently. I was watching Syriana last night. There is a scene where a group of men are gathered in a circle discussing faith and religion. Now I didn't agree with what they were talking about, but it got me thinking about Home Teams. Rather it is for good or evil, I think smaller groups can be more influential. ( as I am writing this, Heath just ate a dog biscuit!) I know I am more likely to be held accountable.

I think the hardest part of Home Teams is getting new members or visitors involved. I try to picture myself going to a new church and having to find a home team to go to. I'll be honest, it would take a lot for me to go to a strangers house and participate. I think I would have to make a connection at church first before I would go. You have to feel comfortable to share.


I pray in the next year God will help me make new connections and invite more people to Home Teams. I pray He helps me step out of my comfort zone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was in your Home Team! It'll be fun meeting new people though. I feel like there are some many cool, new people to meet and my head spins thinking of where to start. Home teams are the answer! See ya tomorrow!

My Own Bandwagon said...

Your in my everyday "Home Team"!