Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Very Worn Out!

I thought I would rest some while I was in Ohio. Never even got a nap. Got to eat lots of food and sugary deserts!

My grandfather passed away in the front of the house, at 90, edging the driveway. They think he had a massive stroke. The past year he had been really sick. Below is a copy of his obituary.

KELHOFFER, Howard C. "Ossie" Age 90 of Middletown, Ohio was born on December 2, 1916 in Hamilton, Ohio to parents Daniel and Mary Mistler Kelhoffer. Howard lived many years in the West Elkton area and attended West Elkton Schools. He was retired from the Ohio Operating Engineer and was a 40-year member of the International Union of Operating Engineers. A United Sates Army Veteran of WWII, a life member of the American Legion Post #218 and D.A.V. of Middletown. Howard enjoyed flying his own plane and was a past member of the former Warren County Flying club. He was a talented builder and built several houses in the area. He was also an avid gardener. A member of the Unity Church of Today. Mr. Kelhoffer is survived by his wife Miriam of 63 years, two sons Lynn Howard (Cheryll) of Middletown, David Earl (Scarlett) of Springboro; four grandchildren, 7 great grandchildren and 4 step-grandchildren. He was preceded by an infant son, Gregory; sister Eleanor; and brothers Robert, Herbert, Newton. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at Lindloff- Zimmerman Funeral Home in Gratis, with Greg Wissman officiating. Burial will be at Fairview Cemetery, Gratis. Friends may call at the funeral home on Tuesday from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. donations may be made to the Unity Church of today, Monroe, Ohio.

I was sad to leave my grandma. She asked if I would sleep with her while I was there. We stayed up all night talking. I am glad I was able to make it up there on such short notice.

2 comments:

Angie Bledsoe said...

Hey girl! Glad you're back - I'm so sorry about your grandpa. It does sound like he led a very interesting life. I'll pray for your grandma. Hope to see you soon. Peace out.

My Own Bandwagon said...

Yes, he did lead an interesting life.
We need to plan are photo day!