Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Myself

I have decided that TV sucks. I thought I would be excited about the new shows and new episodes, wrong. I am thinking about canceling cable. You down load just about anything you want on your computer or ipod. I am currently watching an episode on HBO about Hiroshima. I do like depressing history shows about death.

I did get to watch America's Next Top Model (thanks Cassie for getting me hooked). I am really amazed how mean girls can be. Why to we always pick on the weak? To make ourselves look better? I can remember a friend told me one day that everyone was making fun of my socks. I wore the ruffly Sunday School ones. I really didn't think much about fashion back then. I was always a step behind. I know my friend was trying to help me, but it hurt my feelings. I cried to my mom, who of course took me right away to buy new socks.

As I got older the less I needed approval of others, but still hated the thought that someone might talk about me behind their back. Maybe that is way I have always tried to be laid back and every one's friend. Although trust me, I have run into a few people who do not like my personality. Thanks goodness I don't meet those people to often.

Even though I have many "friends", it is few and far the one's I feel safe around. And even the one's I feel safe around, I still go back and think about any conversations I might have had and wonder if I said anything inappropriate. I'll stress about it. I think I get this from my grandma.

I have decided the best way to feel good about yourself is to get out and focus on other's needs. When I sit at home and think about all the negative things in my life I loose focus and become depressed.

Well, Heath is screaming is head off and I am loosing my focus. I can just say that I am excited about the future and the opportunities that lay ahead!!

2 comments:

Monica Hunt said...

Leigh Ann, you will have to watch The Office tomorrow night...If you don't already I promise you won't be disappointed! :)
I hope you're having a good week!
Love ya!

She Rose Up said...

Hey, if you like historical documentaries - you have to try the series about WWII by Ken Burns on PBS. It started Sunday and runs every night through this Sunday we have been Tivoing it to watch when we have time. We just watched the 1st episode last night, it was really good, tragic, but, well-done. It is called The War.