Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Magazines and My Cousin

I was thinking about how when I was little, my cousin and I would get old magazines and pick out the things we wanted for our house when we grew up. We would pick the house, the furniture, plates, etc....

My cousin is one of the most creative people I know. She has seemed to have blocked out all the crazy things we did. For example:

  • The time I sat on the handle bars and she told me she was going to close her eyes. She made me tell her which way to go. I told her there was a tree and a sharp corner, so she better open her eyes. She ignored me and ran right into the tree and I went flying.
  • The time she decided to play water fountain in my bed. Then left my bed to go sleep with my sister, because my bed was too wet!
  • My cousin had us knock on neighbor's doors trying to earn money for Circus World. I think we made $1.75!
  • Thought it would be fun to have a cake fight on the front lawn with all the cakes we won at the Halloween Carnival.
  • Made us a bowl of popcorn to throw all over the family room on New Year's Eve!
  • Took me and my younger cousin in the deep end of the wave pool at Wet n Wild. We had no raft and I am pretty sure I was 7 and my younger cousin was 5. I almost drown!
  • We played hide and seek in the dark and threw grapes at each other.
  • On Thanksgiving took us on a bike ride through a cemetery, because the electricity went out.
I can think of many more. Some of my best memories are with her. In fact she was more like a sister than a cousin!

No comments: