Friday, November 16, 2007

Relections


This is the barn my great-grandfather owned and my grandmother grew up playing in. She told me had she always has hand me down toys and clothes. In fact she had few toys. A baby buggy and some marbles. She said she spent most of the time inventing games.


Boy how times have changed. My kids have all these "toys" that are supposed to spark creativity, yet they would rather play with the cans or the scrap wood I had left over. Growing up I remember the toys that I loved the most. My Barbie House (which I played with until I was 12) and my bike. I grew up in the boonies of Palm Bay, Fl. I had only 2 boys my age in my neighborhood and we spent all lot of the time in the woods making up games.


Maybe for Christmas I should just wrap the things of mine that my kids get into the most. Probably wouldn't be the same!


Last night I had a dream about old friends. We were all sitting in a dining room somewhere and I kept talking to everyone, serving pie. People would ask me for pies and I had no idea what they were, so I felt inferior. Weird!


I also can not believe how close we are to moving into the theaters. I went to see the Bee movie the other day and tried to picture what it would be like. All I know is it is going to be exciting. Plus I think everyone will breath a sigh of relief once it all happens.


I imagined what it would be like if I had not changed my mind and kept thinking church should be done a certain way. I was so hung up. For many selfish reasons. I thought there must be something wrong if that many people leave a church. I tried to analyze it. Rationalize it. But God showed me, church can be this way. And since, I have experienced a freedom I never have in church.


God is awesome and can do anything!


1 comment:

Angie Bledsoe said...

Lovely! Nice, long blog - keep it up while I'm gone so I can stay in touch. Love, Angie